Today was day two of my air-conditioning repair marathon. After the filter replacement, I’d walked around the house holding my hand near all the outlets to feel if we were getting cool air out of them. Found one, the one near the back wall of our bedroom, that was not really working. Damn, no wonder our bedroom has been warmer than normal for a while. Shown a flashlight down there and it looked like the ductwork had fallen off the register.
It figures it would have to be this one, as it is almost the furthest one from the little door into the crawl space under the house. I got on some old clothes, grabbed the flashlight and a roll of duct tape. Crawled around on my belly like a dog soldier creeping up on enemy lines and dodged other ducts and pipes like bullets and tracers to get to where I needed to be. The actual repair went pretty fast and smooth. Duct tape is a marvelous tool and I have used it for a hundred different things, but this was the first time I actually used it for its intended purpose.