This weekend I did not watch a DVD all the way through of the five attempted.
1) The first of the Sopranos, Season 4 discs was ejected after 2 of the 3 episodes it contained. Maybe it was the long layoff between seasons or maybe I finally figured out it was just a soap opera with cuss words, killing and an occasional naked breast. The rest of Season 4 discs were then removed from my Netflix queue.
2) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was turned off after 47 minutes. I consider this a major failure in my Science Fiction fanhood. I could never read past the first couple of chapters in the books. I tried several times in my youth to do it, but failed. I did manage to watch the first movie all the way through and figured now that I got all the characters down and was somewhat interested in them I would make it through the whole series. Nope.
3) The Emperor’s Club lasted 16 minutes, 17 seconds. I went into this with a bad attitude. I can’t stomach Kevin Kline, I’ve almost never liked him, A Fish Called Wanda was the exception. And I knew that it was going to be something like The Dead Poet’s Society going in, but I just couldn’t get into the story.
4) Read My Lips. This one was the third movie I attempted to watch Sunday afternoon and it stayed playing the shortest 5:25. Perhaps if I had given it more time…I cringed at what was happening to this poor woman in the beginning, but for what ever reason I didn’t really care. I didn’t find her likable, sorry. I started painting the kitchen cabinets instead.
5) I did eject The X-Files Season 1: Disc 4, but that was after watching Episode 1×14, Lazarus and this disc will go back in next Sunday to watch the 4th and last episode on it. Disc 5 is #2 in the queue and will be here shortly.